People can be so negative...

You know when most people announce their pregnancy, they get great feedback and so far I have. I haven't really announced it yet, just told some people that I thought would be supportive and encouraging because although I'm excited about bringing a new life into the world, I'm concerned because it will be considered a high risk pregnancy(my uterus ruptured with my 4 yr old). So having a baby right now is scary. I just told someone that I thought was supportive that I'm pregnant...her response was "wtf...don't you already have 3"
I'm annoyed by that, it doesn't matter, baby #4 will be cared for and loved just like the other 3! dag, she said nothing like oh no, what about your uterus, but you already have 3...smh...gee thanks....(venting)

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• That's when you look her squarely in the eye and say, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize my husband and I were supposed to call you for permission when we have sex. Would you prefer I call your cell or message you on facebook from now on?"

Some people don't realize what they're saying until it's pointed out for them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• for some reason people's rude radar is lost on pregnant women
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• It sucks that she can't be more supportive, but to some people the thought of 4 children is more terrifying than anything else. Personally I don't think I could EVER have 4 so I may have reacted the same as your friend. I know it sucks, but it was probably just a gut shock reaction and she will come around with her congratulations.

Congrats on the newest little, and stay safe!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2013

• True but people can be very positive too. Try to focus on those people.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Does this friend know your uterus ruptured with the last child? If she knows the history but nothing else, she might thing you're playing a game of Russian Roulette. I have to admit my initial reaction on reading your post was, "ARE YOU INSANE? PREGNANT AGAIN? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?"

But before replying, I did some reading about post-rupture pregnancy and see that it's not quite as dangerous as it sounds on the face of it. Your friend may be as ignorant as I was. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Fuck em. Congratufuckinlations
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Pretty much got the same reaction from my MIL on my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pregnancies, so by #5, I was NOT looking forward to telling her.

Instead, my husband made it sound like we were getting a divorce, and then sprung the news on her that we were having #5. Needless to say, she was thrilled with my last pregnancy.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Congratulations Momma!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2013