Would you send your child in a taxi to go to school?

I recently got a job that requires me to be there @ 5:00am (school bus driver) my dh works very early as well I don't know for how long he will be working days but it won't be for long his schedule flactuates.
Anyway my concern is my ds12 he has early practice this week and I have no one to take him so I was considering a taxi it will only be 5-10 mins drive.

Thank you ladies ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• No never. I would make arrangements with another parent.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• My son goes to school everyday in a taxi but it's through a service contracted by the schools to transport special needs kids that can't ride the bus with typical students for safety reasons. There is a driver, a monitor, and 3 kids in a large SUV.
    A typical kid in a typical taxi? Probably not. Is there not another parent that lives close by? I would email the coach and have him send out a mass email to the parents asking for help.

Answer by missanc at 1:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• It would depend upon my child, the route he would have to take, and how familiar I was with the taxi service he would be using. If my child were old enough to watch for the taxi, get himself out side with all of his school gear, and get out at the school without leaving any of it in the taxi, AND if I knew the route wouldn't be through a bad part of town, AND if my town/city was small enough that I knew a lot of the taxi drivers, and the dispatchers, THEN I would consider it. For example, in my city I know the dispatcher for one of the cab companies, and many of the drivers. I would let them take my kid to school if my child were old enough, and met all the above criteria... I'd trust these guys more than I would a neighbor...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• No I would make arrangements with someone. Surely the school knows someone near the school who does before school child care.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Yanno there's not anymore gays or predators then there was before. It's just blasted on TV all the time, bad shit sells!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• How far are you from school? Mine was walking it at age 12, just over a mile each way. I do drive him to high school, just over 2 miles, but if I can't then there's a transit bus that goes right by our house and drops right at the school.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Oh lullaby you are so very wrong. Percentagewise it is about the same as 50 years ago. You are right there are predators but you are barking up the wrong tree.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Fiatpaz took the words out of my mouth. Gay me are not pedophiles.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• God, I threw up just typing that....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• laughing at anime....couldn't have said it better. Agree with Fiat.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2013