Why am I so blinded?

I feel like I can trust anybody I was already willing to let my kids go to school in a taxi...wtf?

I wasn't thinking like the way you ladies made me see...thank you for opening my eyes.
I feel like an uneducated mommy :(

I don't think of the what if's and that is sad :(

I had to let this out for some reason but thanks again for all your responses ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it's sadder that we're required to think "what if."

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Faith in the good in others is a wonderful way to be. Unfortunately our world is crazy and we have to be the mothr bear who sees every threat to her cubs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Well, my dh is a news man and the child abduction attempts are weekly in the NW (maybe proximity to Canada?). Not necessarily in my neighborhood but in other ones. I totally admit to being a helicopter parent. It's just a chance I'm not willing to take. When they are bigger I'll let them walk to school. Physically bigger.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I don't know who you are, Anon, so it's hard to give a shit.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2013