Miss spelling words!

You all know I of all people have a tendency to miss spell words from time to time.
I have a tendency to hit the submit button before proof reading my work.
So there is know reason to be mean about it. Know reason to bully people.

FYI,  to all the women who were PMSing Sunday.  This was just to inform you, I probably will not change. So stop giving me a hard time.

When I am on my lap top I do not get a red line to tell me I miss spelled/misspelled a word. I actually have to use the check spelling  on cafemom to get that. Now when I am on  my I Pad does have it and auto correct me.

Asked by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• I came on here to see what was up on a Sunday afternoon. I think I'm going to disappear again, maybe take a nap or go watch the Bronco game. Same old crap, I see. Hasta!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Bullying is intentional, repeated behavior, that is power based. Correcting someone's grammar/misspellings is educating someone. 

P.S.- It's misspell, not miss spell and No, not Know.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Miss spelling... is that like Miss America?

I think that means Tori before she married Dean.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Who is this Miss spelling you are talking about... I've never met her. On the other hand.... 

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I do not bully people for grammar and spelling errors.
    Giving the worst advice on the planet, now that, I can make fun of.

continue on...
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Hahahaha! Poor Ballad!

Louise, I wouldn't expect you to EVER spell a word correctly!
    If you did, I would be worried!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 4:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Louise, I do have a couple things to add to this post.... I thought I could overlook it, but this needs to be said. There is a difference between misspelling a word or two and flat out slaughtering OUR language. It bothers me to know that we were taught proper English in school. When my husband moved over here from his home country, he too, was taught proper English. So, yes it annoys the hell out of me when I see the slaughter fest on here. It makes me crazy to think that people think it's okay to slaughter the language.... it is not.

I think that it's a shame that kids can graduate high school with a lack of proper grammar.

I also think it's a shame that text speech is thought of as acceptable.

Oh geez, I could go on and on, but I used to make straight A's in English, and I am proud of that fact!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• ....not sure what the rules are where your school system is concerned, but where I live, the high school students are required to pass a state test in the areas of Reading, Writing, Math, Science & Soc. St. If they don't pass all of them, they do not get their HS diploma.

Oh get off your high horse. I work in a HS, in a state where the kids have to pass a similar exam. Just because they can pass that test doesn't mean they know where and when it's acceptable to use text speak vs proper grammar. People are WAY too lazy in that respect.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Dont fret it, Louise... There are much bigger problems with some people on here than a few misspelled words....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2013