Can I freeze my recipe for chicken rollups which are dipped in butter and nuts. I'd like to make several batches ahead of time, freeze , thaw and bake.

Ingredients for chicke rollups are:  cooked chicken breast, sauteed mushrooms, garlic,salt, pepper and cream cheese.  Tuck about a tablepoon onto each triangle, roll up, dip in melted butter and roll in crushed walnuts.

Michele K.

Asked by Michele K. at 5:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Can you post the recipe? It would be easier to tell you if we know what it in them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Do not have the navigation of this site 'down' yet. So excuse the obvious struggle. Recipe for Chicken Rollups is:
    Cooked chicken breast, sauteed mushrooms, cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper. Once mixed, tuck about a tablespoon of filling onto a triangle and roll up. Dip into melted butter and roll in crushed walnuts. I also make a sauce but that's for 'at the table'.
    Michele K.

Comment by Michele K. (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Are you using Pillsbury-type triangles? I'm not sure those would freeze that well. You might do better to under=cook them a bit and then freeze them. Thaw and pop back into the oven to brown up.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 8:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Cream cheese has a tendency to separate upon thawing. If they go right in the oven without thawing they may be alright but your best bet is to hold a couple out and freeze them and them make them and find out. When I freeze a meal it is slightly less than cooked.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2013