Can a cyst stop you from having kids?

i had to go to the emergency room a few weeks ago and i was hurting so bad. they did an ultrasound and i had an ovarian cyst. i was given some hydrocodone pills and the pain lasted 2 weeks. i tried to work the next day after i left the emergency room and the pain was so severe that i went home from work the very next day. can these type of cysts prevent pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• It is best to talk to your doctor about your particular case.I have had them and my daughter has had many of them and I have 2 children and she has one so far. I have known others who have had cysts who have not conceived. Was that the actual cause or not. I can not say.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• It can if it is big enough.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• he said they should dissolve on their own. he prescribed me some pills. i was hurting about 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Usually they do go away on their own, but not always. Sometimes they need surgical help. If you have several of them or they are rather large, they can prevent pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• he gave me some hyrdrocodone pills of heavy milligrams and some other kind of pills. i was in pain the next day also. i was in pain for a total of 2 weeks i could barely stand up and walk. he said it will go away on its own but others tell me if its considered with very bad pain, it can prevent pregnancy. thats why i asked about cysts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• and yes it was a large cyst
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• You have two ovaries. They alternate releasing eggs each month. So perhaps if you only have one ovary which is cystic, then yes, your chances of getting pregnant will be slim. If you have one good one, you can still conceive every other month.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• my SIL was told she would never get pregnant b/c of the numerous cysts she has had...she's 37 weeks pregnant w/ a healthy girl. so while they can prevent pregnancy, its not always the case.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2013