Have you ever made a new meal out of leftover potatoes, carrots, onions, and gravy from pot roast?

What new meat might you add when the beef roast is all gone, but there's enough left of the good-tasting veggies and gravy that you don't want to get rid of it?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 9:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would brown some ground beef and make potpies.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Yes, I use it to make a quick veggie soup. Add a few cans of veggies and some beef broth.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• soup, you can add ham or chicken into a pot pie
    I have taken the majority of vegies out and chopped them and then popped the gravy and remaining bits into the blender. chop and sauté portabella mushrooms and ad the vegies and gravy and pour over noodles or beans. You can add bits of any meat or none.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I would pour that over some rice. Yum!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I was think it would be fabulous over rice as well but I LOVE rice with gravy on it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:13 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• Not what you asked for but I am a fan of baked potatoes with all kinds of topping this with bacon bit and cheese would be a good giant baked potato meal.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I'd brown some ground beef and make a quick soup or stew.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2013

• I would probably go to the store and get some of the thicker roast beef lunch meat, cut that up, throw it in a pan with the gravy and vegetables and serve over heated potatoes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• agree add ground beef.maybe over a baked potato or baked over mashed potatoes or rice.Love a good put together meal with minimal cooking.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2013