When you are in a question, and want to reply to a comment made in that question

how do you reply to another member's comments?

we do not have tree threads in answers, so how do you reply to one comment?
sometimes just adding your opinion works,
but sometimes things go off on a tangent,
how do you reply to one member's comment?

do you use the old standard- copy and paste?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Yeah, I usually copy & paste, unless it's too long. Otherwise, I will do: ^^SN - then reply.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I copy and paste. If you copy and paste something that violates TOS, your post will be deleted when they delete the original. Always worked that way, but there's no other good way to indicate who you're talking to, and even then, some people still get their panties in a twist if they aren't paying attention.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• copy/ paste and some of these ******** under the thing I'm responding to *usually
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I usually copy & paste.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Usually copy and paste
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• if you copy and paste..BUT change it up (maybe misspell there words, or uncap their letters) do you then get your whole answer poofed because you quoted them

maybe if you copied there answer but put *** over the naughty words
    then does your answer not poof?
    --------
    like if copy and paste were naughty, then..

Usually c*** and p****
    Answer by mommy_jules
    ----------------
    would that save you from the poof monster?
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• or does just mentioning the person who was the real poof reason, get you poofed?
    like
    -------------
    Mommy_Jules
    you can not use those words C*** and P****

LOL
    sorry mommy_jules, not picking on you, you had short answer and were right above me
    however
    copy and paste do seem to be naughty..lol
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• LOL,
    I ususally just write something like What fiatpax said, or I disagree with fiatpax's reply. Now if it is something worth a quotation, I will copy and paste it.
    or if the thread is slow I will write ^^^^^ what she said.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• It's alright. I've only had my answer deleted once for quoting/copying and pasting another's answer. I believe it was a racial slur or something and the other member's original answer was reported and deleted. I'm guessing if you censored your copy and paste, it might not get poofed. With the inconsistency of moderators/whatever they are called, there's no way of knowing for sure though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• we do not have tree threads in answers, so how do you reply to one comment? sometimes just adding your opinion works, but sometimes things go off on a tangent, how do you reply to one member's comment?

I C&P the segment or comment I am responding to and usually include the SN of the person that posted it.  I can only do this on the laptop, as I do not know if this is possible on the iPad.  If it is, I don't know how to do that.  I usually put the C&P'd comment in italics to indicate that it is separate from my comment and made by someone else.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2013