Draft of California bill would mandate porn stars wear protective eyewear like goggles during filming

California is already paying for state employees to monitor porn sets to make sure they follow the existing rules. Now they want to add more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/calif-law-porn-stars-don-goggles-sex-article-1.1512447

They porn studios have put together a PSA to point out how absolutely ridiculous these rules are (no nudity or anything, but it does use stereotypical porn music, so probably don't want to play it at work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo9Nix6n1R4

Is this really something anyone should be worried about regulating?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is silly, but did make me laugh, maybe the porn industry will relocate to Utah now? I am not a big porn person, but would rent one to see porn stars wearing safety goggles!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• LOL! Well no ones looking at their eyes right!? Hahahahaha....
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• LOL. I don't even know what to say. I'm literally laughing out loud.

I mean, seriously. I guess people get what they vote for. They must have a perfectly operational government if they have time to devote to this issue. I mean, doesn't California have a lot of problems that are much more important to deal with that porn stars wearing safety goggles?

The land of fruits and nuts.  So glad I don't live there anymore.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• but would rent one to see porn stars wearing safety goggles!

According to the comments where I first saw the article, there's already a fetish community for that if you REALLY want to see it ;)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Safety goggles during porn?!? Talk about killing the mood!

Well, someone is worried about regulating it, but I don't think that taxpayer money should be spent on this issue. CA has so much more to worry about that is more important that porn "artists" wearing safety goggles. It cracks me up to even type it. hahaha.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Lol! I think I want to see that though! Totally naked except for goggles!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Totally naked except for goggles!

And latex gloves, condom, dental dam...in the video, the crew gets full hazmat suits like Walter White
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Honey, I'm coming in!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• ROFLOL

Why not just ban porn? I mean, isn't that what it comes down to, making it so ridiculous that no one would pay to watch it, let alone pay to produce it?

All that will eventually happen is that underground filming will occur and be slod under the table.
    Is there nothing better we can throw away tax dollars on? I know we have an abundance of government money, but really? (That was sarcasm, just incase anon doesn't recognize it)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2013