Re-furbished Ipads?

Anyone purchased one? Were you pleased with it? My local laptop store has re-furbished Ipads for about $150 each.
My oldest wants an Ipad air, and we are considering getting her one for Christmas, she is responsible and am not worried about it getting broken.
I would like to buy the youngest a re-furbirshed one, because I have a feeling that it will get broken, LOL
My husband thinks that it is crappy to buy a "used" one, but I think it is smart, I recalled the $100 helicopter that was broken in about 10 minutes, the DS3 player that was dropped and broken after 2 months, lol.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Technology

• To bad 222 isn't Kimi,but perhaps you are.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I have a refurbished iPad, but I got it from Apple. It's been nothing but great; it's been on 2 major road trips and spent a month overseas with us.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• That was rude Pioneer!
    222, I agree refurbed is a good idea, you can usually get a warranty and make sure you get a GOOD survivor case, our 5 year dropped her ipad last month, very sad and I feel like an idiot for not buying the case but I felt the gifter - her mother should have thought about that. I just replaced with a google tablet.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 2:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• It seems some of us have an abundance of knowledge.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Yes, Kimigogo. It is fine. Except you don't have a daughter.
    Pioneer_Woman

Answer by Pioneer_Woman at 11:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I wasn't going to even acknowledge her, thanks for your input about the Ipads~!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2013