Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a single mother with a twelve year old boy a six year old girl and a three year old girl. i am unemployed needing help with christmas.

Answer Question

Asked by jackie567 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Holidays

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call 211, local churches, Salvation Army, etc in your area. They will be more equipped to help you out than we are.

    Answer by mommy_jules at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • Salvation Army. Lay a way a K Mart.

    Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • Places to call would be your church if you attend, other local churches (you do not have to be a member in most cases) your social worker, Salvation Army, Catholic Charities. call 211 for a list of services. Start now by going to your local food banks.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • We have the Christmas bureau and salvation army here. And you need to sign up now or you may not get in. Also don't under estimate the value of craigslist. One year when we struggled I got a bike for 30 and this gorgeous older wooden doll house for 20$

    Answer by pinkparcel at 12:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • Craigslist can be amazing. People want to get rid of things at this time of year and look after Christmas too.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • Call your local newspaper to ask if they have a Santa Fund, plus your town hall, county offices, fire station, police station, etc. And call local radio stations or check their websites. I saw a sign up just the other day in a county office.

    Answer by silverthreads at 7:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

  • Make homemade gifts and enjoy the family time together.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.