HOW ARE YOU MAKING YOUR TURKEY

Im going to preset the oven, clean the turkey, NOT stuff the turkey because its safer that way. Butter the turkey.
Im going to butter a brown paper bag, put it over the top of the turkey then put it in the oven.
Im blanking on the oven setting at the moment. Post if you know it.
Then Im going to check it every 15 minutes. The first 15 minutes there will be no juice, but I will be basting it for 3-4 hours every 15-20 minutes.
At the last 20 minutes I will take off the paper bag so the turkey can brown.
I will then stick the thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey, which is incredibly important where you stick it. You stick it in the brown part of the turkey meat.
Anyway, I just learned all of that. Any tippers, more advise or AWSOME TRICKS to add to the perfect turkey, post here thanks!

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Holidays

• I am going to roast it as I always do, in my roaster oven.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• my MIL is doing it...stuffed boneless chickens from a place in southern Louisiana. they stuff their chickens with crawfish etouffee, spicy sausage, cheesy broccoli rice, or several other delicious things. soooo good!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I am not. My fiance is the chef.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I do the Alton Brown brine method.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Im not doing a turkey this year, my mom is. But if I were I'd stick it in a Reynolds Brown and Serve bag, cook it at 350 for about 3 hours, then Voila!! perfect turkey... :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• My BIL usually fries the turkey.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Wash the bird,rub with vegetable oil,salt and pepper it,put it in the pan,pour a can of chicken broth in the bottom of the pan,put aluminum foil over the breast,heat oven to 325,put it in,check on it in 1 1/2 hrs,use a baster to squirt juice all over. When the turkey timer pops up,remove the foil,baste again,check temp in 1/2 hr,then every 15 min until it reaches 180 degrees.

What's with the paper bag?? It seems that'd make it taste funny and the bag would scorch

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I'm not. I don't like turkey. I'm roasting a chicken.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I coat it inside and out with butter, dust with poultry seasoning, and roast however long for however big it is. I baste every 30 minutes or so and cover the breast with foil when it's browned enough, leaving the legs and thighs exposed to continue to cook and brown further.

Never heard of using a paper bag in the oven like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I make a big chicken, because I hate turkey.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2013