My 4 month old daughter has had diarrhea for 2 Weeks, what can I do?

The doctors say there is nothing they can do. Im going through wipes and diapers so fast and they are not getting any cheaper.

chrissy1017

Asked by chrissy1017 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I find it hard to believe that a Dr. said there is nothing they can do, that is outragous..I am sorry mom that they told you that. Take your baby to a new Dr., it is not normal for an infant to have diarrhea for that long. Even if they cant stop it, at least they could find out the reason why then go from there.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My daughter is the same way! She's had it since last last friday--took her to the docs and they said that it will happen-- and just make sure the baby doesnt get dehydrated. There's like a poweraid for babies that you could give her.

Question... is she teething by any chance?

Everyone and their mother says that every baby that they have will have horrible diareah and even a diaper rash--- n then the tooth comes in!

the docs say that there is no relation...

i checked my daughter n she has a tiny white spot on her gums--

good luck!!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• is the baby breastfed or formula fed? if breastfed, keep feeding on demand. if formula fed, try something like pedialyte. make sure baby is wetting at least 6 diapers/day. why do you think it is diarrhea? breastfed babies poo looks like diarrhea. formula fed poo is different and more solid.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My 5 month old girl has had diarrhea for about 2 weeks as well, and it STINKS to high heaven! Her poop has never smelled that bad before, now it's gagworthy. Blew out the grocery store bathroom changing her diaper, ugh. She is teething, that might be why. I breastfeed her more often and give her pedialyte, and use cloth diapers because they are cheaper than a new pampers every 10 minutes!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009