What should I get my boyfriends daughter for Christmas?! Please help.

I need major help lol. I have no clue what to get my boyfriends daughter for Christmas. She is an absolutely doll baby & I want to get her something that she can always have and will always look back on and will know how special she is to me even though she isn't mine. For her 1st birthday I got her a sterling silver baby bracelet with her name engraved on it, because it was something my mother had done for me when I was little & I still have it to this day. But now I am in need of another gift idea & I can't decide whether to get her something she will always have or get her something she can enjoy right now but will eventually grow out of. By the time Christmas comes around she will be 15 months. I thought about some cute clothes, but she doesn't really need any. Then I thought about a toy, but I don't know of any specific toy that she would just love. Plus both of those gifts are something she will outgrow.. Any ideas? (:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Holidays

• Something like a name plaque with her name on it. Some plaques are carved letters in the child's name. But it really is more important to worry about this when she is older....just my opinion.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78888702/wooden-name-plaque-bow-headband-holder?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=name+plaque+with+hooks&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• At 15 months she's not really going to know much past the fun of ripping open the presents. So, I'd get her something fun and inexpensive for now (like a baby doll) and then open her a college savings account you can add to over the years,....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• If you can't click on that link above go to etsy and search on 'name plaque with hooks'.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Is this a BF you see becoming a husband? Do you have a child with,or are you trying to get pregnant by,this man?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• My Daughter is two & LOVES Minnie Mouse. They sell a plastic Minnie about 7 inches high & she comes with plastic clothes, bow, sunglasses & some other things to dress her up. She plays with it every day. As far as a sentimental gift, then buy her a pretty jewelry box as a keepsake. Also a pretty tea set, Lalaloopsey Doll, dolly stroller. At ToysRUS they have a section of FAO Schwartz Toys & they have beautiful Teddy Bears & other Special & Vintage style toys. Check Toys R Us online.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Thanks so much for all the input! Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    silverthreads: That is adorable! I love that. (:
    Nimue930: Yeah! I would definitely agree her favorite part will be unwrapping it lol. And I do love the idea of getting her something fun to play with like a baby doll, but her dad has already opened her savings account and is actually planning on getting her a baby doll for Christmas.
    butterflyblue19: Yes he and I plan on getting married. But no, we are not planning on having children anytime soon.
    ILovemyPaulie: Thank you so much! Those are all great ideas! I'll have to look into it! (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• How about one of those adorable "Dolly & Me" dolls that look like the child and have clothes in child sizes and doll sizes? I think they are so cute, and I have only boys so......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Trust me, at 15 months. She will not remember anything you give her. Unless you do like your mom did and keep it for her. So get her something she will grow out of. Or she will tear up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• ohwrite: That is an awesome idea! I forgot about those. (:
    louise2: Yeah that is what I'm thinking.. Although I'd really like to be able to give her something she could maybe pass down one day. But maybe I should wait a few more years to give her a gift like that and get her something she will have fun playing with this year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• How about a cute rocking chair for her? It will last a few years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2013