Am I the only mom who feels awful for not getting professional seasonal photos?

Am I the only mom who feels awful for not getting professional seasonal photos of my children? I feel so awful over it and then when I think about it I feel even worse! :(

Everytime I was going to get their fall photos, something happened or came up and now it is snowing and I don't know if when it warms up this weekend if they will look okay or if something will come up (due to health things).. :(

**sigh**

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think we should call DCFS on you. LMAO!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I never did. I take my own Holiday photos. Why deal with the stress & agrivation?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• I feel absolutely zero guilt at not spending a lot of money on pictures. I can pose them in front of the tree and snap a few with my phone for free.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Professional pics are a rip off. When you're out with friends you show them all the pics that are in your phone. No one keeps pics in their wallets anymore. Snap a nice one with your phone, and get a few prints made for yourself or your parents if you find one you really like.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• you should not feel guilty at all, take your own pics they are real not posed!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• When they were babies I did professional pics more often. From age two and up I only did them once a year whenever I got around to getting it done (and never holiday ones), and once they hit school age, it was only the school pics.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Always did my own. Babies and toddlers don't do things at your convenience, so the chances of them being happy, not messy and awake all at the same time when you've made an appointment are slim to none. So much easier to have the stuff ready to set up and catch them when they're good and smiling.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Nope. I got them when I felt like it and when I had the money for it. We did invest in the first year of life packages through a photographer we knew.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2013

• Seasonal?! Heck no. I take pictures of my kids everyday. I don't need some crappy set up shots of them in matching sweaters with fake smiles.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Take them outside all dressed up in coats, scarves and gloves and take some snapshots of them playing in the snow, building a snowman, making snow angels, throwing snowballs, etc. I love action shots way more than traditional posed shots.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2013