Help I have PPD

How did you deal with having ppd? I have another dr apt tomrrow....i'm so scared will it go away?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 6:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hae had PPD for 6 months now. It is hard to deal with but having someone to talk to that is going through the same thing helps a lot. You need to be able to talk to someone. If you can't, then write about all your feelings in a journal. Stay active. Get fresh air as much as possible. I'm here if you need someone to talk to PM me.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 6:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I had PPD for about 4 months after giving birth to my son, it was horrible, I was so bad I acutally had sucidal thoughts, I wasn't myself in the least, I never did get so bad that I had bad thoughts about my son but I just wasn't happy at all, talk to your doctor and see if they can maybe give you something for it, I tried paxil but it made me feel worse so I just stopped and sucked it up I guess I know its hard PM me if you need to talk
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• *huggs*
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 7:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• LOTS OF HUGS!
    Yes it will go away. But you may need meds, a support group (great idea!), and it can take a couple years. I had it and my daughter's first year is just a vague blur with me feeling like I was lost in a dark fog. The second year was a little better - thin fog. She's 2.5 years now, I don't take any meds at this point, and somedays I can feel the metaphorical sunshine beating down on me. There are still hard days but it's SOOO much better. I also liked "The Mother-to-mother Postpartum Depression Support Book". Reading other moms stories lets you know you aren't alone and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

GET HELP. You deserve it and so does your baby.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• try to get out more. I know I feel tons better when I go to the gym...or go to the mall I am sooooo depressed trapped in the house
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2009