What is a good acne product

my 13 broke out worse when I got her neutrgena ..I want a simple one she isn't really into cleasning very well.

MadisMomma1969

Asked by MadisMomma1969 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Well if she won't wash well,no medicine will help her
    I was told to just use a hypo-allergenic soap and to leave the skin alone. Cetaphil is good

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I asked my kids dr recently (she's 12). She recommended using a product with salicylic acid and a product with benzoyl peroxide, in addition to a face wash (neutrogena oil free acne wash is a good one, I bet the breakout isn't related to the face wash). Those 3 things cleared my dd's up completely within 2 weeks. Had that not worked, the pediatrician said she would give us some samples of epiduo to try, a new prescription only product

Answer by missanc at 11:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• It most likely broke out, because she was actually using the product, if she won't wash her face well, there really isn't anything you can do to help her. Show her some pictures of acne scars, and tell her to wash her face.
    If it is awful, you might want to take her to the dermatologist. I agree with both PP^^^^
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• The Norwex face cloth. It's an antibacterial facecloth and will clear up acne with just water. They are amazing!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2013

• proactiv
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2013