Soo,religious debate has been dead lately. Will it be renewed with the "war on Christmas" stuff once again?

It's already started for me on Facebook

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Religious Debate

• No doubt someone will show up. But we had posts like this already at this time last year.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• "It CHRISTmas not Xmas,"

I hope you tell that particular flavor of idiot that X is the Greek symbol for "Christ" and the use of Xmas is historically and biblically accurate to watch them squirm.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• The loudest people who would complain about it have all been banned from Answers or moved on to CE&HT after their friends were banned from Answers. Not sure there's anyone left to carry that banner.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I've already decorated.... LMAO!

Hey, think of it this way, you won't be short on drama, people will ALWAYS find something to bitch about.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I've seen some of it already on pinterest. Sigh, let the victimization begin.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I've already seen a little on FB... The "Keep Christ in Christmas," the "It CHRISTmas not Xmas," and "It's Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays." Knowing the few who are already posting this, it's only going to get worse... But it *should* be limited to those few.

saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• well...we've had less and less here every year since i first started coming here in 2008. but i bet when school lets out we'll see an uptick.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• "I hope you tell that particular flavor of idiot that X is the Greek symbol for "Christ" and the use of Xmas is historically and biblically accurate"

I sure do. Though, a few who I've said that to have claimed that false doctrine and devil speak and an attempt to push out Christianity.... which just goes to show there is only so much one can do in the face of willful ignorance.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2013