Why am I letting this get to me?

I just started to drive a school bus and LOVE IT!!!
Well apparently I am not mean enough, one of my coworkers told me that they asked the kids how was MS...so&so? They replied oh she is nice and let's us do whatever we want. I just said really but I do write up the ones that are miss behaving.

What I don't get is why do people try to get into somebody else's business do your job and I do mine. I am not hurting no one i do the best that I can calming down my kids I can only do so much bc I am driving most of the time. And yes I pull over and try to straighten things out but hey this is me and whatever works for me and my kids shut the hell up I hate people that don't even try to get to know a person but to ask questions behind your back...wtf?
I really did not or want to hear what this coworker had to say so I just brushed it off, but what kind of bothered me is the trainer who trained me her child rides the bus with those kids and that is how it came about. It hate it I hate the way this makes me feel...I can't help wonder when I go to work the person I am saying hello too might a back stabbed too...ugh!
It sucks I haven't worked in 5 years and wanted to be a SBD and love it and someone or something always tries to take it away :(

Thank you ladies for reading this I know it is long but I am feeling really bad about :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• Shrug it off. I rode buses for 6 years. The activity bus driver in middle school was a BITCH. She seemed to hate all of us, and had some STUPID rules. She stood at the seats as we all got on. It was two to a seat, you did NOT get to choose who you sat with, and she started at the front. There was NOT seat changing allowed unless you were coming up to tell her where to stop. We hated her.

On the other hand. My high school bus driver was more like you. I even wound up babysitting for her a few times my junior and senior years. I would do more for that high school driver than the middle school one. Why? because she was nice to us, and treated us like people instead of scum.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Treat kids with respect and kindness and you will get amazing things out of them.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Wherever you work it's always the same....just grow a thicker skin & remember that words don't matter, it's if you do your job well & keep everyone safe.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Oh girl, that's women for ya! It's like this in any job that I've experienced. Just try to overlook it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Thank you ladies ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2013