Do you think taking a daily multivitamin prevents you from getting sick often?

I am sick AGAIN! Sinus infection & sore throat so bad I can hardly swallow. Probably getting sick from my first grader but he's fine. So do you take a daily multivitamin?
Also whoever said germs are good because you build up an immunity should go soak their head! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Health

• That is only when you are young. Sorry you are sick. I do not think vitamins help fight sickness like an antibiotic does but I do think that if your body gets the vitamins it needs on a daily basis , it has everything it has everything it needs to fight as well as it possibly can.
    Viruses and bacterium are constantly mutating and it is a constant battle, one we can't always stay a step ahead. The more frequently you are sick the more likely you will get something else (cheery I know) My only suggestion is to avoid people and when people come home make them go wash hand and face as soon as they come in. Wash down any surfaces that get touched daily. Then when you are well for 2 weeks, get a flu and a pneumonia shot.

I feel for you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I do not, I do think taking C can help prevent some things!
    Sorry you are sick, maybe some leftover Halloween candy will help you recover?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• No,but the acidophilis I take daily helps with my immunity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Walmart has them. $9 for 60 of them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I have taken a vitamin for the past five years. Just a prenatal and sometimes iron. I do think it helps. So does hand washing and a sterile environment. Maybe a bubble.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I think that the best things you can do for your health are:

- eating well, lots of fruit and veg, less fat, as little processed food as possible,
    - getting at least 30 minutes exercise per day.

No vitamin pill can substitute that.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Don't believe in multi vitamin but I whole heart ed believe in my product Protandim, a natural supplement made out of plants that gets rid of toxins in your body, I have not have a cold in a long time, and when I feel like I might be getting one, I take two pills and it goes away...

Answer by older at 7:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I am plunging into the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups as we speak..........I think it is helping! :)

I am googling acidophilis too! Thanks :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2013