Help I have PPD

How did you deal with having ppd? I have another dr apt tomrrow....i'm so scared will it go away?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 6:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• PPD can go away, if you treat it (and I don't mean strictly with medication). PPD can be treated by getting excericise, eating a well balanced diet, and making sure you are getting your B6 and B12 vitamins (since PPD can be linked to a vitamin B deficiency.

Go talk to the doctor and see what he says. If you don't like the idea of being on antidepressents ask about natural alternatives, and lifestyle changes that can help.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• oh i love the first posters answer... PPD is helped with many specialties.. not just medication.. my mom and I work out daily and wow.. that has helped me so much.. i dont have PPD, but some days you just feel ick... and when i go to the gym i feel so much better..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It is good you are aware that you have it! Talk to your doc. Eat well, rest and ask for help! :)
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 9:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Eat a healthy, start exercising, get out of the house and go to the gym. Make a point to get out of the house by yourself. Try and take a nap when you daughter does. Confide in your boyfriend for moral support so you can let him know when you're having an especially hard day so he can help take over some responsibility. It will get better day by day once you start seeing somebody for help. Hang in there and know it will get better just like a heart break from a bad break up.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009