When you say good morning to someone you kind of expect a reply?

Don't you?
Here's another school bus driver question...lol
When I pick my students up I like to look them in the face and smile and say good morning but some of the kids are either shy or don't know how to respond by just passing me by or mumble to me...I really don't what it is. I feel like messing with them jokingly and stop the bus and say ok for the ones that did say good morning to me next time say good morning bc I am trying to have eye contact with you but instead I'm left like...uh! Ok
What do you think silly I know but just having alittle fun and hoping they'd open up and learn 1 manner...lol
Thx ladies,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• You're nuts
    In a scary way
    Anonymous

• Just leave them alone. Unless they're doing something they're not suppose to,leave them be
    I'm assuming you drive teens. Did you chat up adults when you were a teen?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Nope and messing with them is wrong IMO. They are at your mercy but that can backfire one you. I think it is wonderful that you look at them and say good morning. You should not expect them to answer you back. If an when they do it should please you. You have no idea what these kids go through to get on the bus or what they endure at school. You do not know if these same kids tease them.
    You be the ray of sunshine.
    Sunshine falls and touches whatever is in its path and does not need to be reflected. Sometimes, it is.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Uh yeah you have issues. I didn't want to talk to anyone in the morning & I still don't.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• From children...no.
    From grown adults, a nod will do.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Sorry ladies I am just a cheerful person and just wanting to share...if they don't want to answer it's ok I just wanted to know what you girls had to say :/

And I am not creepy in any way or weird just happy at times...it's not everyday people have a good morning but I try to adjust my attitude and go with it ;) and hopefully my students see that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• It has nothing to do with manners. It has to do with the fact that it is the ass crack of dawn and most kids don't want to be up that early or going to school. Be glad if you get any kind of reply. I can't stand morning people and think they should all be put on their own island somewhere far away from me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• yeah ya do have some creepy tendancies, I pray to GOD you are never around my kid. If she came home and told me you did that I would be
    1. on your bus the next day
    2. driving my kid to school
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Keep saying Good morning....maybe it will catch on. ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Your job is to drive the bus. You are not allowed to stop unless it is at a bus stop, the school or for an emergency or for traffic lights/signs. Be professional. Say hello & that's it. Drive the bus & that's IT!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2013