Wait for the greys or dye them away?

I turned 25 last month, and last week I found my first completely grey hair. I found one that had a grey tip to it awhile ago, but this was my first 100% grey. I have my natural hair color for the first time in a very long time, and regardless of my newfound greys, I'm feeling a little antsy and eager to dye my hair again. However, my fiance actually really likes my hair color - it's just brown, and I find it a little bit boring. I have yet to find more greys, but I know it's just a matter of time. My mom was going grey when she was younger than I am, so it's inevitable.

So I'm not sure... should I just let the grey happen (and maybe people will stop thinking I'm 19!) or should I just dye it? What did you do when you found your first grey?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• COLOR!!! I have colored my hair for so long that because I skipped a few months, I could NOT believe how grey all my hair on top was! It was shocking. Those suckers just creep up on you then BAM! So I use a color pretty close to my natural color or else I would look like a raggy mess! I do NOT look good with grey hair. I am way too fair. I'd just look blank. LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I started seeing gray at 21
    I'll be 41 in 2 weeks. I plan on coloring til I'm 50,and then shock the world with the amount of gray i actually have under this blonde! :)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• LOL I was silver at 14 and by 18 I was totally silver. , actually salt and pepper.
    I like my hair.
    My mother turned grey in her 40;s and the color was a dull ugly grey and she hated it. She colored until the day she died.

I think it depends on you and how you feel. I do think you need to consider you spouses wishes as well but it is your hair.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I didn't start seeing grays that early. I still don't dye my hair & probably won't. I may decide to do highlights if I get a skunk-like streak going, but that's it. I will say that it's a very personal choice. Afterall, it's your hair. You have to decide if you like how you look with a few grays. I don't mind, b/c I know I've earned them all! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I started graying in my mid 30s and after the first one they started coming pretty fast. I use a shade as close as possible to my natural color.

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I got my first patch of white hair at 19. It is a patch of about 30 hairs on my right temple. I have always left it alone. Now I am in my mod 30s and am getting many more. I joke about it bothering me, but it really doesn't. I don't know that I will ever dye my hair. I am a redhead and I think most fake red looks pretty bad. I don't know. Now maybe if I go totally white like my grandma Frances I will dye all of it pink like Helen Miren.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• If it's only a few and you like your color, let it go. Once you color you are a slave to it and the cost. I'm 42 and trying to grow out my color despite several grays. What I DON'T want, is the all gray stripe down the part that I see on women who don't do the upkeep as fast as it's needed.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I doubt they will be too noticed for a while, but if you want to color your hair, you should! It is your hair!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I started 7 days past my 22nd birthday. It was New Years Eve and I didn't know if they were real or if I was just drunk and seeing stuff LOL.
    I plucked them when it was just one or two, then started dying a few years later. I change my hair color so much it's getting dyed all the time anyway.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• i started seeing gray at 20 when i had my first child, and i started dyeing when i was 24. by that point i was atleast 15-20% gray. i'm 27 now and dye once a month :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2013