Looking for wisdom.

Okay, so all this talk on the world coming to an end, and Jesus coming to save us all has got me wondering and asking questions. I'm not too sure what to believe personally .. "Will I go to hell because I don't practice Christianity?" "Will Jesus save me even though I have broken a few of the ten commandments?" It's all so confusing to me. I'm not too sure what to really believe, the coming of Christ, the end of the world, or that nothing will happen at all.. I was broguht up in a diverse household and was taught to respect all religions. If Jesus is coming to save us .. What happens to those who don't believe in Jesus? What about all the other religions out there? What happens to them? Is God just going to destroy the world and leave behind all those who do not follow Christianity?

Please be polite.
It's simple questions that I'm curious about. I don't want religious discrimintaion on my question please.

DesignerMom0801

Asked by DesignerMom0801 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, Christians refer to the coming of Jesus. Jews refer to the coming of the Messiah. Jews teach that when we have created a heaven on earth, then the Messiah will come. Clearly there is no heaven on earth right now. This is why Jews cannot accept Jesus as the Messiah. It was not a heaven on earth when Jesus was alive and all the Jews were not resurrected and judged. The way Jews see it, we are no where near the time when the world as we know it is going to end. I don't know much about what the Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, Sihks, B'hai, Shinto, and all the others believe about the end of the world. However, I do sense that they don't see it coming any time too soon either. Most of the rest of the people on the planet do not follow Christianity and do not believe that only Christians will end up in heaven.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• good question! If you have a Bible, you could read the book of Revelation - it's about the end times, and yes, it says if you are not in "The Book of Life", you will perish into a lake of fire. I don't presume to begin to understand all this - God is God, and I am not! I believe he created all of us, and loves all of us, so it's hard to comprehend that so many non-blievers would perish. I am a Christian, so I know that I will go to heaven - only through faith in Jesus.
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 6:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It's so confusing alot of it.
    I'm not too sure if my beliefs stand up to all this talk of the coming of Christ.
    I don't think either that the world is anywhere near becoming the paradise it used to be, but there have been efforts made.
    When I hear talk about this topic (this is what I've been told NOT my personal opinion) that Jesus will save those who believe in the one true God.
    Well how do you know who the "one true God" is?
    Each religion thinks their Gods are the "one true God"
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior is the only “step” to salvation. The message of the Bible is abundantly clear. We have all sinned against God (Romans 3:23). Because of our sin, we deserve to be eternally separated from God (Romans 6:23). Because of His love for us (John 3:16), God took on human form and died in our place, taking the punishment that we deserve (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). God promises forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven to all who receive, by grace through faith, Jesus Christ as Savior (John 1:12; 3:16; 5:24; Acts 16:31). Here is a good link to answer your question.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 6:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I will let scripture answer. It's really not about following one "religion" or another, it's about who you choose to follow. Jesus or man.

"Will I go to hell because I don't practice Christianity?" Jesus Said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 ... Romans 10:9-10 "That you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

"Will Jesus save me even though I have broken a few of the ten commandments?" Absolutely!!! Jesus said that He had "come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10 We are ALL lost to begin with, spiritually.

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 6:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think people make it more confusing and complex than it is or needs to be. Jesus said to have faith like a child. Have you ever thought of why? Children are very simple people lol They just need the basics and they're good. They don't need to know all the mechanics of how the VHS works, they just need to know "stick the tape in and push play". I don't think it's wrong to question and wonder and analyze things but I think people can over do it and miss the basics. What are the basics? God loves you. God sent Jesus to save you from your sin. You are a sinner. We are ALL sinners. The penalty for sin is eternal death. Only Jesus could pay the price necessary. He did it for you. All you have to do is confess 'Jesus is Lord' with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. That's it :) Pretty pure and simple. The other "stuff" can be learned as you grow and mature in the faith.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 6:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• As for "how do you know" this might help http://www.lhm.org/lhmint/devotions.asp?date=20040120 & http://www.icr.org/articles/print/1150/

"So how is one to know which "god" is the true God, the Creator, Sustainer, and Judge of the whole creation? Which "god" is the God who is real, the one able to provide eternal salvation and everlasting life?

There is one infallible way to know—one sure test, and no other. The one God who can defeat death is the only God who can give life!"

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Read my post on my page called rapture that will explain alot
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• http://www.calvaryprophecy.com/

There is a lot of info here. Some will be very confusing. The rapture is coming but only God knows when. Also.....In my faith, the rapture will come at a time of destruction, evil doings and increased natural disaster. The Bible predicts certain things will happen before the rapture and several things have already happened....others are in the beginning stages (One World Order/One World Currency).

Jesus will take those who repent of their sins and believe He has died on the cross for their sins. It is through the death of Jesus that we become saved because we accept that He paid the price for us.

Don't wait to find your answers.....it could be any day.

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• DONT JEWS UNDERSTAND THAT CHRIST IS THE MESSIAH!!! GOODNESS, HE WAS ONLY BORN OF A VIRGIN MOTHER, NEVER SINNED, AND WAS CALLED THE SON OF MAN, AND ALREADY RESURRECTED
    Anonymous