Being induced tomorrow

I'm freaking out because I'm getting induced tomorrow because my water level is low, not dangerously low but they don't want it to be lower then it is now. I am nervous something is going bad is going to happen and the closer it gets the more anxiety I'm having, so my question is how can I relax and calm down between now and tomorrow???

AllysMommy2013

Asked by AllysMommy2013 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Take a nice hot shower...... deep breathing. Think about the little one you are going to meet. Congrats!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Thank you
    AllysMommy2013

Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Focus on the fact that soon you will be meeting your baby. I was induced twice & it went smoothly. The key I think is to really relax & do what the Nurses tell you. Did the Dr. explain the induction procedure to you? I went in the night before to have cervidil placed to ripen the cervix. Then I woke at about 7am & they started the pitocin. I asked for an epidural when the pain became strong. I had both my kids before 12 noon. Are they doing cervidil first? Maybe call your Dr. & ask to walk you through what the procedure will be. It may calm your nerves. Maybe a Nurse there could explain it too. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• They just said to go to ob first thing (at 5) and they will put an iv in because her water is low, and give me a pill to cause me to start contracting... and he said we would go into more details tomorrow when they give me the iv
    AllysMommy2013

Comment by AllysMommy2013 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Oh they'll give you plenty to calm you down... just remember that stressing will make the situation WORSE for your baby.
    Go take a nap.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Write down ALL your concerns and what if's. Then, in the morning, before the doc's do ANYTHING to you, ask all your questions. Do not allow them to do anything you you until you have peace of mind that all your concerns and fears have been adequately addressed, and you feel better about the procedure.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• I was induced twice. SO SO SO easy. I'm thrilled it worked out that way. One was medical (I had high blood pressure) and the second, I asked for. Took all the guess work out of it. And that was my biggest fear (would I get to the hospital on time, would I get the epidural on time). No problem. It'll be fine!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2013