Sex after Childbirth

Just curious how long all you mamas actually went before having sex after you had your children.

I had natural childbirths with both of my children without any tearing and was not in any pain after the deliveries. With my first I did go ahead and listen to the doctor and wait the 6 weeks, but with my second we had sex after just 2 weeks since that is when the cervix is closed back and we didn't have any issues.

kealydees

Asked by kealydees at 6:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• i had my son vaginally and i tore then they had to cut me so i had stitches. we waited until the stitches were dissolved and i was done bleeding which i think was about 4 weeks.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• we tried after 3 weeks but that only happened once, we waited the other 3 weeks before trying again.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I waited the full 6 weeks. I was so scared that I would do damage inside or something. But everything was fine, just more nervous than anything!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I tore and had 1 stitch, and we waited until 6 weeks to get the go-ahead from the OB
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Personally you should do what your OWN BODY feels like doing.
    Some women heal faster, some heal slower.
    Depends on you and your needs.
    Try it out and if it hurts wait a week, then try again :)
    I waited the 6 weeks only because me and my SO tried after 4 and it hurt fairly badly, so we waited until MY BODY felt better.
    But remember, breastfeeding doesn't stop you from having another baby, so if you don't want another one anytime soon use condoms or get a specially desgined birth control pill for breastfeeding mothers.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• For my first one I waited 6 weeks, the others were c-section and I didn't wait so long. I had a friend who said she got pregnant in the hospital after a vaginal birth...kind of hard to believe.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 7:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 2 to 3 weeks usually
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2009