Help!

my neighbor: I already have a bite on your apt. no rent. just the same as we do now. the guy that fixed the furnace's future son-in-law. he just proposed and need a place to live after they get married. I said sure, my neighbors are movin out in februrary. keep in touch as far as when you are going to officialy moved. not trying to get rid of you LOL, but i'm excited at the same time to not have to deal with this all my own as preston is no help.

Me:um I dont want anyone in this apartment when I move, I will be locking the doors

my neighbor why is that
locks can be broken

me:excuse me this is not your building you cant just give out apartments, guess I will have to let someone know about what you are planning to do!

my neighbor if you are buying a house what do you care. you wouldn't even have heat if it wasn't for me

my neighbor not your building either

me I paid for half of the bill FYI we were planning on having someone fix it.

my neighbor it is fixed. yes and I paid the other half. so, you are moving to a new house what do you need it for. makes no sense. ?

me I dont want someone trashing the place, I could get in trouble for having someone else live here I am sure, I dont even know what to do, Mike is the one who said that he doesnt want anyone taking over the apartment because we would be responsible.

my neighbor how? we have been living here rent-free for 3 years. the place is in forclosure. many many houses out there just like this one. no one can do anything legally until the house goes on the market. move to your new place and settle. new beginning means leave old baggage behind.

no letter no nothing since allens

we have prevented or basically keeping up the place. no pipes freezing; big mess

me your right in a way I will discuss this with Mike and our realtor tomorrow.

my neighbor I really think the realtor does not even need to know. I am right and keeping an apt empty is stupid. really. I need to split the oil with someone and if you move and want no one in there that's plain selfish.

n8nnickmom

Asked by n8nnickmom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Wow
    This makes so little sense, my brain Just exploded
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• So you are living in a forclosed apartment/duplex...splitting the cost of heating oil with the other tenent. You are moving out and she wants to move in her family into you empty apartment. But you are justifiably worried about them doing damage and you getting blamed for it.

1: Contact the bank that owns the home
    2: I would probably call the cops just to ask them what to do.

I would not be allowing this without covering my butt, you may also want to think about consulting a lawyer.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Where can I find a place that I can live in rent free for 3+ years?

I'm trying to make sense of what you are saying but I just don't even know where to begin.

Sounds to me like you need to run this past whoever does own the building.

Sure an empty apartment is stupid. So you sign the apartment over to this other soon to be newly wed. Just make sure it's a legal document.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• the bank owns the building and my family is buying our first home.
    n8nnickmom

Comment by n8nnickmom (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• ive seen enough Judge Judy's to know how this mess turns out...not well for you. you can sub-let your home legally, however you have to have proper documentation, agreements from the owner of the property, and im sure much more stuff. id definitely discuss it with your realtor since they probably know more about this kinda stuff. also, the bank should know about it since they own the property. there is a way to do this that will cover your butt, you just have to figure all that stuff out and you've got plenty of time to do it right.

just curious, if you've been paying no rent, do you have a rental agreement?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• What is your question
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Uh... what now? I'm confused.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• my neighbor is threatening to let someone take over my apartment after I move to my new house in February, the building is forclosed on. what do I do about this, I dont want someone destroying the place because I may be held responsible.
    n8nnickmom

Comment by n8nnickmom (original poster) at 7:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• WOW, reading this made me dizzier than usual!!!
    decor42

Answer by decor42 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2013