Can chicken pox stay on items?

Like stuffed animals clothes furniture etc?

Also, my niece has chocken poc and i may have been exposed before she got.the pox and im newly pregnant.

Is yhat concerning? Ive read up since i have gotten an obgyn yet amd it says it should be fine?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Health

• http://cchealth.org/cd/cd-guide/fact_sheet.pdf

Call your primary doctor about being exposed while pregnant...or call a nurse line or a triage nurse at the ER they should be able to give you an answer.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Have you ever had the Chicken Pox? I'm surprised your niece has not received the vaccination for it. It's standard now. "The varicella vaccine is given in two doses. A child should have the first shot at the age of 12-18 months. The second shot should be given at the age of 4 to 6 years. " Although even with the vax you can get a mild case. If you've already had it then you have the antibodies for it. I believe it protects the baby as well. I got the Chicken Pox in 6th grade from the boy that sat in front of me in class by him passing papers back to me. Call & go in to see your OBGYN early maybe to get all the info.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• My mom doesnt remember if i got it or.not.

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• The answer is NO. Chicken pox is VIRAL and once exposed to the air ...it dies in a matter of speaking. YES , it is HIGHLY contagious through touch or fluids..such as kissing , but you CAN'T get it from a t-shirt someone was wearing. Although...it IS smart to wash all things in scalding HOT water all the things that person was near ...just to make sure they are completely clean.

~Cyn
    www.cafemom.com/group/NATURALMoms
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 3:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2013