I posted this in pregnancy but would like feed back from any one.....

First off my periods are irregular but I was lucky enough to get pregnant with our only son. We have been ttc for about 7 months but its hard when I go 3 months wo a period. My husband and I went to my obgyn today and she wants me to come back next week for a sono to see if I have any syst on my overies so she can start me on clomid. I have not really done my research on this drug so thats why I posted this to see if this has worked for others and what exactly it does for you. Thanks for reading!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Clomid is the medication Clomiphene citrate. It is a hormone used to induce ovulation, to correct irregular ovulation, to increase egg production and to correct a condition known as luteal phase deficiency. Clomid is typically taken in doses from 59 mg to 200 mg, and taken for 5-9 days.
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 8:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Clomid causes the brain to produce more of the hormone that causes you to ovulate. In doing this it increases the chance of ovulation and sometimes the release of multiple eggs. I was put on it because I have irregular peroids and do not ovulate. I was lucky enough to get pregnant and carry almost to term with my DD the first round. It is not always the case. Many women have to take it multiple times to get a successful pregnancy. All-in-all it makes you ovulate when you can't increasing your chances of pregnancy.Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2009