Anyone been diagnosed with MS?

I see my rhuematologist tomorrow but wanted to hear other people's experiences and I know this is a bit of a long shot.

I do not have dx of MS I do have one of Psoriatic arthritis(autoimmune).

I've been having a lot of new symptoms in the last few months and over summer.

Numbness in legs spreading to bra line(I have had numbness in my legs for a few years which they say is from my spine)..the fast jump in numbness concerns me when my referral to a surgeon was rejected as he said that it was not surgical. Also increased leg weakness and my legs will "give out" on me.

Numbness in arms that comes and goes...one arm at a time, and no pattern..happened when I was standing, sitting, driving, walking...and also accompanied by some weakness. lasts 20 mins- 1hr

Facial numbness with blurred vision only lasted about 10-15hrs.

Electric shock type feelings as well as increase in muscle cramps and dizziness.

Obviously I know that no one here is a doctor and I'm not looking for that, just looking for

1: discussion of possible symptoms related to your/family members MS
2: Explanation of how the Diagnoses process went/evolved.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2013 in Health

• I'm sorry, I'm no help in this one. The only person I know with possible MS is a hypochondriac on a pharmacy of different meds. I'm commenting so I can come back later and bump it.

Hope you get the answers you need.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• My aunt has MS but I was too young to remember any of the diagnoses process and she lives in a different state. All I really know is that she has seizures, takes a lot of meds and has a wonderful husband that is beyond supportive.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and that they are able to find you relief.

My mother has struggled for years with various health issues and has seen countless specialists. She saw a foot specialist a few times that really seemed to help. Maybe that is something you should consider?

Where is Dr. House when you need him?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• Thanks Rosehawk..

Tempsingl3mom: I would LOVE to have a Dr. House..I don't care how rude he was as long as he figured it out and got me relief/treatment lol
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• A lot of that sounds like what my grandmother went through. Not the blurred vision though. The numbness and weakness. It was progressive though and I don't think it every really went away. I don't know about the diagnosis process because that happened when I was a teen and not paying attention to anyone but myself.

I really hope they can figure this out for you tnt!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2013

• My father had MS many years ago. They did not know a lot of what they know now. I am not sure that what I remember will be of help to you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• My DH was diagnosed with MS 9 years ago it took him quite awhile for them to come up with that diagnosis. Scans,blood tests, tons of Neurologist appointments(3 different ones) G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• My dad has MS, but I couldn't tell you what his symptoms were. I was an infant when he was diagnosed. It's been 42 years and he is now wheelchair bound. Can't walk and can barely stand. He needs help with almost everything that involves standing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2013