NP's post reminded me of something. Were you tested for scoliosis when you were in school?

I had it done at school in 7th grade
Very embarrassing. We stood in line in our bras and panties,waiting for a team of nurses to bend us this way and that way.
They did mine,then told me to stick around because they weren't sure of my results. I ended up doing it all over again. They determined that I had it,but it was still slight.
I do have it now. Not severely. I have back pain alot,and i'm slightly off line. My epidurals were difficult to put in. Surgery is probably in my future if it worsens.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2013 in Health

• Yes, I think 7th grade as well, but we were called in individually and I don't think we ever had to take our shirts off.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I remember. I remember us getting fluoride rinses too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I think I had to do it once. I do, however, remember those damn fluoride rinses too Iz.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes, in 5th grade, I believe.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• No. Only at the doctor's office.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• In jr high at some point. We had to line up in the gym, and then step behind a screen for the actual exam. Humiliating and a chance for the mean girls to stock up an entire year's worth of ammo just based on who was or wasn't wearing what.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• nope
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yep
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes, around 7th grade. I remember being embarrassed because I didn't have a training bra yet, just an undershirt.

I don't remember the testing, but we had some privacy when it was done.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yep, in elementary school. I have a family history of scoliosis. I remember walking into the nurses office, fully dressed, and bending over to touch my toes. The nurse or whoever then ran their hand along my spine to check for curvature.

Yes I have scoliosis, confirmed by me doctor at the time. It's very minor though, only 2-3 degree curvature. I should probably have that rechecked anyway. I think the last time it was, I was in high school. That's been almost 15 years ago now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2013