Have you ever cried at work,for whatever reason?? did someone see you crying? were you embarrassed??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

• Yes but, it wasn't about work.
    It was when I was pregnant with my oldest & my doctor called me to tell me that the genetic testing revealed a possibility of Down's Syndrome. Thankfully, my oldest did not have it & it was just a scare.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes, in the bathroom alone. No one saw me & I got a grip on myself before I left the bathroom. Therefore there was no embarrassment. "Never let them see you cry"! Seriously, it's not professional unless it's a sudden death in the family or something severe.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes. I cried at a sex toy party the week after my dog died. But it was for a good friend, and she totally understood, and then fed me lots of alcohol. Like a friend should. LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Was at work when 911 happened
    Everyone was very shaken up
    Did not cry, and do not think this counts, even if I had no one would have noticed and hugs were going around for those that were more shaken up, one woman whose uncle was a pilot was crying, this did not help me as bil is pilot

But other than that day, have never cried at work
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Not that I can recall
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes, once had an angry husband come into the store and yell at me, not knowing the whole story. I stayed calm while he was there, and I think he realized part way through the conversation that his wife might not have told him the entire truth. (I had paperwork to back me up) but he was kind of scary. When he left I broke down and cried. A co-worker was there. I was a little embarrassed, but she hugged me and said she was impressed, she wasn't sure she could have stayed calm until he left.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I worked somewhere where it was normal for people to be reduced to tears due to the stress on occasion. If you didn't cry at least once there, you weren't human.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• It's happened to me twice. Both were years apart both times I was pregnant! Lol
    The first time I was prob 6-7 months pregnant and it was a Friday night ( I was working at a pizza place so we were slammed!) I was working a new station and my boss very nicely and discreetly says "hey you need to get this cleaned up" I lost it started balling.i had to go to the back of the store and clam down. A coworker actually saw me told my store manager I was crying and she came to see if I was ok. I could barly get two words to her except tell her that my other boss Jessica said... Lol it was a total pregnant melt down.

The second time I didn't know I was pregnant. I was helping a customer and a co worker ended up chewing me out bc I wasn't in my department and wasn't officially trained. Anyways I got upset started crying and a customer have me a huge hug asked if I were ok? Then told me god bless me :) she was such a sweet women!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yes I have cried at the work place. once when a death occurred in my related family and once when I was frustrated /angry because my boss ( of 7 yrs ) believed I was a lair form a DECEITFUL / MANIPULATIVE person whom he only knew for 9 mos.

~Cyn
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 3:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yep, many years ago when I first worked in radio. Felt stupid and have Never done it again.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2013