My 9 year daughter is growing little buds, she says she cant wait to have boobs like me!! what should i tell her???

need some advice, not sure why she wants boobies so bad.... now she wants to wear a kiddie bra.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• All kids want to get to the grown up stuff
    So let her have a training bra, it won't hurt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I pretty much agree with butterfly. All kids want to grow up. Now does that mean I'd let her wear 'sexy' underwear? Of course not, but a training bra is appropriate, especially if she does have 'buds".

I think I would hug my daughter and tell her that she's a beautiful girl inside and out, and that she'll be a beautiful young woman when she gets there. Enjoy being a girl!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Get her a sports bra.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Yea kids want to grow up so fast. I would tell my girls being grown up isn't all that. We have rule we have to go by too.

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Just relax and tell her every girl gets breasts and sometimes they are like their mother's and sometimes they are not. This is just the beginning and she should feel she can come to you for any and all information she will need. Be honest and if you don't know some answers look them up together. Open communiation is priceless.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2013