XBox 360, XBox Connect, PS3, PS4... UGH!!

I think it's time to upgrade the kids from a Wii to something better.... I'm thinking a XBox 360, XBox Connect, PS3 or PS4.
But, I really have no clue!! Any thoughts, suggestions, preferences on any of those??

My kids are 9 & 7. My 7 yr old DS is big into Mindcraft on the PC, 9 yr old is also a fan.

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2013 in Technology

• We only have the Xbox 360 (and an original Playstation) so I am biased. I love the Xbox though. So that is always my vote.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Based on all the research we've done so far, PS4. You can still play minecraft on a computer, and it has a million more features than it does on XBox. The cost and the libraries, everything else favors PS4.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• We have all of them, I love the ps3. But if you're looking at a new system I would go ps4
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I'm partial to PS systems. Also, I think minecraft will eventually be available for PS3 and PS4, but idk when.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I would suggest PS3 or 4. The Xbox always has a lot of problems. We've had our Xbox 360 less than a year and we already have to send it in because there's something wrong with the hard drive or something. And once we get it fixed all our achievements/points, etc. will be gone. Really made me mad and wish we had gotten a PS3. In my opinion PlayStation is better...and has better games to. Also, you can get minecaft on the computer.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:27 AM on Nov. 14, 2013

• If you are prepared to go all out I would go for the Xbox w/ kinect.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Our 10 yr old just bought himself (back in August) an XBOX 360. He saved his money from birthdays, and Xmas. He said that he's played the PS3, and we have a Wii, and that the XBOX 360 was the best one out of them. I don't know anything about the XBOX ONE, or the PS4, but with the XBOX 360 you will need more memory to play the new games coming out, so invest in an internal hard drive. It was 120.00 at Best Buy. He also said the kinect thing is stupid (his words), so he wasn't going to waste his money on it... (He's played it at a friends). He's quite the gamer, so his opinion comes with a lot of experience,lol.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• We've got the Xbox w/ Kinect. I've only used it about 3-4 times. I usually just use the Xbox for DVDs.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I'd suggest the PS 3 or 4

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• We went through the same thing when we bought one Crafty....

now we never use it. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2013