What cold symptoms, keep you from sending your child to school?

I read a lot of times that if your child has fever, diarrhea, and is vomiting, to keep your child home. Anything else? My son has a cold. He does not have a fever, no diarrhea, he is very active, just a bad runny nose (does have allergy's as well), a bit of congestion. He coughs very seldomly, his eyes get a little glossy throughout the day and today in school, he vomited once. He said his throat was hurting him. Since he has been home, he hasn't complained about anything, he is active as normal, no vomiting, just the runny nose and glossy eyes. Tomorrow he has a field trip, that we already paid for, and i am not sure if I should send him, if there is no vomiting. What do you all think? Is it best to just keep him home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If he has not had fever, diarrhea or vomiting within the last 24 hours then he can go but it is up to you. See how he feels in the morning.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• As long as there is no fever and he feels okay I would let him go.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I would send him, just feed him chicken soup for dinner, plenty of vit c, and fluids. He'll be fine!
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 7:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Colds can last for days, sometimes weeks. As long as there is no fever, vomiting or diarrhea, mine are going to school.  I send 3 boxes of tissues at the beginning of the school year, like everyone else is supposed to, so I know she will have supplies at her disposal.  She also has her own personal hand sanitizer, so we're good.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• Back when my kids where young. None, only when the school called me about them being sick. Their guide lines

Answer by louise2 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• That's it. I would say if your child ends up in the hospital for any reason, they would be kept out of school too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2013