• In the Spotlight:

I have been taking care of a little boy for about a year and his mom is about to have a baby in march

so she wants me to take care of the baby when it is born. She gives me 20 dollors a day for her son, But I am not sure how much to charge for a newborn baby. When I get the baby it will be like 2 months old. She told me to let her know what I am going to charge her. Does anyone know how much I should charge her for the baby?I want to be fair and not over charge. Thanks for helping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hmm..most people would charge more for a baby because they're more work, but if you are close with this woman, I don't know what you would feel comfortable charging. Do you babysit M-F?
    Anonymous

• I babysit 2-3 a week
    Anonymous

• I would charge $45-$50 a day for both
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I would say $40-$45 per day would be fine. Like the post above said, most day care providers do charge more for infants up to 18 months of age.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009