How did you adjust to being a SAHM?

I may become one next month

twilightdawn

Asked by twilightdawn at 6:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep yourself busy. In the first month baby sleeps a lot...sleep when they sleep. Really. I think I slept the entire first 2 weeks Kaylee was home.

As they start to get older...do your household chores when they are asleep...don't walk on eggshells if they are asleep. I made sure to make the most noise when Kaylee was asleep, I vacuumed, ran the dishwasher, everything so that she would be used to it, and now at 9 months she sleeps through everything.

Don't think your life is over...its not. You can still go to lunch with girlfriends, still go to the mall, you just gotta bring the baby along with you. To survive your first few months, I suggest visiting people when you can. It will start getting warmer soon, thats a good time to have a baby so you can go for walks.

Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Find a group.
    being a SAHM can get pretty boring at times.
    Find things you's like to do, like swimming lessons or a stroller jogging class
    finding things to do helps me alot.
    And like Miss Carolyn said, don't keep a queit house too often
    you will sorely regret it lol
    my daughter is 6 mos and sleeps through EVERYTHING
    vaccuming, loud movies, when our friends are over talking loudly
    it helps and keeps you sane :)
    Anonymous

• It was hard for me at first BUT here I am 9 yrs later and loving it!

Keeping yourself is key. You are actually coming into the best months to stop working. Spring Cleaning, Yard Work, the Playground, Beach, Zoo the list is unlimited!

Enjoy yourself, I'm sure you deserve a break!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Adjust? I jumped right in and loved it. I went from a 10 year career as an Executive Assistant, to Restaurant Manager to SAHM. I love being SAHM.
    Anonymous

• I find fun stuff to do with the kids. Being at home is a great opportunity to teach the little ones (and not so little ones) how to keep house: bank skills, grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry skills, and don't forget the biggie: how to be totally awesome at Rock Band 2! :)

Live in the moment, by preparing for the future........................or something like that! ;)
    Anonymous

• I've stayed home since before my kids were born so having the baby come along actually made my life less boring, lol. I spent the last 5 or so months of the pregnancy just sitting around because I felt sick all the time.
    I haven't worked in 9 years and have 4 kids now. I've learned to keep busy and find things to keep my mind sharp (logic puzzles and stuff).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009