How would you feel if you are with someone who never apologizes?

I am dating someone for about six months and he has never taken the blame for anything or apologize. We have had disagreements but it always seems to be my fault or I end up apologizing. I told him recently that he hurt my feelings when I asked him one time how I looked and he just said, "fine, I guess." He said he replied that way because I didn't "look nice for him, it was for my friends." I think it is a sign of manipulation when someone wants you to feel bad.

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2013 in Relationships

• You already know the answer to your own question. You just need to hear it from someone else, right? All these ladies have already said it. He's no good. These are the early signs that he will be controlling, possessive, mentally abusive, and possibly worse. Is it really worth it?
    toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I think it is a sign of manipulation when someone wants you to feel bad.
    me too

my ex was this way (plus more bad crap)

red flag- big time

what does your gut say?
    follow it
    six months long enough to know, and it sounds like you know
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• If he is like this in the dating stage, it's only going to get worse. Run now! or you will regret it.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I would feel like I need to reassess the relationship.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• well i'd feel normal...cause thats what i was raised with. apologizing (even when wrong) was weakness. i cant remember one time either one of my parents apologized for something. its taken me 6 years of marriage to learn what apologizing really is and how to actually mean it. it hasnt been easy.

you should never be with someone who makes you feel bad...but was that really his intent in the example you shared? guys often dont care about stuff like that unless it was done for them. sure, a well trained guy will tell you you look great no matter what, but its only been 6 months. based off that one example, i wouldnt say he was purposely trying to hurt you, but then i find most women to be overly sensitive about things like this, so it could just be me.

if you feel he doesnt care about you and isnt what you want in a relationship, end it.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I had a 20 year relationship with a guy like that. Married to it for 13. He had a way of making everything my fault, if I tried to talk to him about something, anything that was bothering me about him. . "Well I wouldn't have done that if you had just. . . " Lucky for me he left me for a slut he met at work. Good riddance, I'm lucky he left.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• I'd feel like I was with the "perfect" man. But since I'm smart enough to know that nobody is perfect, I'd know he's either full of shit, full of himself, or both so I'd move on.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• If you've only been dating for 6 months and he treats you like that, it will only get worse. Don't stay if you're not happy in the relationship.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2013

• ^^^^^ what paxi said.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2013

• There is a difference btween apologizing and taking responsibility.
    If some one will never take responsibility foe what they do, this is a flaw that can almost never be corrected and I would find someone else to be with.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2013