Where have you all enjoyed eating out for Thanksgiving dinner?

I've never gone to a restaurant on Thanksgiving. Who's eaten out, and where? Was it fabulous?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Holidays

• Places around here do buffets, or Family Style.
    I agree with NP, I wouldn't do a chain place, but more like "The So and So Family Restaurant", or as I like to say, a restaurant with someone's name on it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Golden Corral
    It was decent

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I do not like to go out for Thanksgiving, I have ordered turkey/sides from our grocery, and was very pleased with it.
    We have done local buffets in the past and it is okay, but I like leftover turkey, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• My DH & I used to go on vacation for Thanksgiving before kids. We went to Hawaii & New Orleans a few times. When I had to do it at my home i ordered from local caterer/deli. Everything for about $150 for about 12 people. Just microwave & serve! Easy Peasy!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I wouldn't do a chain place. We always went to local places, the restaurant at the golf club, or a steakhouse that's our go to for family celebration stuff - cloth napkin places. With that in mind, it's awesome. Nothing is cold, the ones who hate turkey can get whatever they want (one of my cousins always did lobster because it's the only time his parents would pay for it). Everyone's at one table instead of scattered at card tables and tv trays all over the house.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I've never eaten Thanksgiving out.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• This year we're celebrating Thanksgiving a week late. Our son is coming home on leave, so we're waiting for him.
    DH and I plan on eating out, but not sure where yet.
    We've NEVER eaten out, so this will be a first for us.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I've only eaten out once for Thanksgiving, and the only reason was because my brother was graduating Air Force BMT that week, and we were down in San Antonio....my husband's aunt didn't even offer to have us over for Thanksgiving dinner and KNEW we were in town (and why) :/

We just had some fast food whatever was open at the time.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2013