loan?

We are looking to get a loan to move our double wide on our land. We are not sure if we should go with the bank, credit union or mortgage company. Which would you get the better of the interest rates? Which is more keen on the credit score? We need to know where we should start?

determind

Asked by determind at 6:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would start with my own bank. Having a good relationship with your bank helps when applying for loans, esp. in this economy since everyone is tightening their lending belts. Be sure and call around and shop for interest rates. Of course, your credit score will bear on the rate they would offer you. Personally I wouldn't go to a mortgage company for this type of loan.

You can clean up your credit score first by making sure that you do not have more than 1/3 of your available credit used on any credit card. That takes off an automatic 10 points. Like say you have a Visa card with $3000 credit limit and you have $2500 debt with them. That works against you.

Call your bank or credit union if that's what you use with your regular monies. I prefer to use credit unions.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2009