I found a new way to be lazy :)

I noticed my shower curtain liner was getting a little funky,so I took the shower rod down,and curtain,liner,and shower hooks all went into the washer intact. I hate reattaching all those hooks. Ha ha! It worked! I just pulled it out of the washer,and hung it back up to dry.
Do you have a household chore hack?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I generally keep my house really clean. DH is OCD and has engrained those "qualities" in me too. I do have my lazy days though, and when that happens, my best lazy trick is a game called "Pick a child". I have four of them, so I just pick one at random and make them clean whatever needs to be cleaned! Or for an even more exciting game....the kind that'll have you on the edge of your seat... I wait in my comfy recliner, all covered with my blankets and cozy, until one of my unfortunate and un-expecting offspring dares to enter the living room. Their repercussions for disturbing my episode of "Ellen"? "Go switch the laundry, and see if the dishes are loaded. Chores done!
    toughluck08

Answer by toughluck08 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I'm working on a way to clean the kitchen with my mind. I'm sitting on the living room sofa practicing that skill as I type this... so far it isn't working, but I'm gonna keep trying!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I am not fond of washing down the walls of the bathtub or scrubbing off the ick and I am not about to pay the money for one of those gadgets that do it for you. I have a spray bottle of 1/3 vinegar to 2/3 water and spray the walls down after the shower. It stays cleaner much longer and I never have the dark grunge.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• There are several things I can't live without:

1) Bleach in a spray bottle
    2) Alcohol in a spray bottle
    3) Swiffer Wipes
    4) Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

I could clean an entire mansion with just those few things!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Lol toughluck, my 14 yo SD has turned into a recluse because of shenanigans like that on my part! :P
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I use my feel to clean the kitchen floor often. I buy those Lysol wipes with the scrubby side and just stand on them as I walk around and "foot scrub" the floor LOL. Obviously it's not good for deep cleaning the whole floor but awesome for spot cleaning and general wipe up :)
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• LMAO! Good to know. Of course, I had to click on this. I didn't want to miss a new way to be lazy!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I use my feet* I mean!
    maecntpntz219

• Brilliant, Mae! Nothing short of brilliant! I'm going to try it in my unending battle against dog hair.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2013

• no
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2013