Can anyone cheer me up?

I've always been infatuated with my hair. I finally got my hair long. It was past my boob... It was long, and I didn't even wear extensions most of the time. Well, silly me, but I decided I wanted to go blonde. WORSE MISTAKE EVER!!!!

First I had my friend bleach it, and dye it blonde. We dyed it like 2-3 times. Did't work out, so I dyed it brown, came out a reddish color. Still a pretty color... Went to the salon, got 3 inches cut off but it was still long!!

Few weeks later, I dyed it again, and flat ironed it....Fried the hell out of my ends, had to get 2 inches chopped off...

Few months later, I decided I wanted to try the blonde thing one more time. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I went to a salon, and she screwed it up, BAD!!! I went back the next day to get it corrected, and she messed it up AGAIN!!!! I waited a few days, and went back to that salon, and she corrected it and dyed it back brown!! Plus, there goes another 2 inches chopped off!!!!

I stopped dying my hair for about 4 months....Then I recently redyed it...Plus I got about another 2 inches cut off. My hair stylist said that my hair is SO BADLY damaged, that only my ROOTS are good... She said she's going to cut a half inch off EVERY 2 months for a YEAR until my hair gets healthy again!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a bunch of layers, because If I didn't do it that way, I would seriously have a "fade"...

Sorry for going into detail, I just waned to rant, and maybe warn you guys...
I'm going to stop dying my hair, and flat ironing so much. I ordered a wig last night too. Do you think my hair can really get long AND healthy again in a YEAR?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• This is pretty much common sense. Most women know that over-processing hair will damage it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Take vitamins, eat healthy and stop using heat and bleaching your hair.

Ugh, I feel your pain. I bleach mine too. I have lots of little broken pieces on top.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I also bleach mine. I'm naturally a dishwater blonde that I just hate, so I lighten it.

Yes, your hair can recover farily quickly. I cut mine to my shoulder and within six months it was down my back past my bra strap. In fact. My mother keeps telling me I'm too old to wear it so long (I'm 52) but I'm not yet ready to cut it short.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I've lost all of my hair before and soon my sister's will be falling out too. Hair grows back.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• no offense, but what made you think that you could do all that and still have hair?!

good grief! once you damage it by using chemicals on it- there is pretty much no going back, you have to cut it off and you did damage upon damage upon damage...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• After all that I and shocked you are not bold! Do you ever read instructions? You usually have to wait 4 to 6 weeks between dyeing.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• That IS a ton of bleaching and dying. You are lucky you still have any hair. I'd say it'll take more than a year but it'll be a lot better in a year. I'd try to hydrate it, not flat iron it, wash it less, etc. I agree about vitamins and eating right. Most of us have fried our hair, sucks but you'll get over it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I think I would never go back to that salon again. I seriously don't trust what they are telling you because if it LOOKS healthy from even a foot away, then leave it. Reason being, your hair grows from your roots, not from the ends and some hairdressers lie to you and say you need to cut it every couple months to make it grow faster. This is a myth. This is a lie so that you will go back to them. Hair grows from the roots so stop cutting it and just make it work for now, then don't touch it! And find a new hair dresser!
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 22, 2013

• Take vitamins, eat healthy foods, use hair growth products, and let your hair flow freely the majority of time. Also, use a great weightless leave-in conditioner every day.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2013