Long Vent. Not sure why I am posting it really.

We have been having trouble with out apt complex for a couple of weeks now. They want us to move out due to a little box we filled out when we signed our papers for our subsidized apt. It said I was not planning on working in the next 12 months. I signed the paper in July and in Sept right before move in I was offered a job. I hesitated before taking it. When I was considering it I told the apts about it and they said that was great and wonderful but never questioned the papers I had filled out 2 months prior. It was all fine we had already been approved. So I ended up taking the job. Starting it at the very end of Sept. This was LAST YEAR. This year we fill out our revert papers and I list the income. NOW it is a problem. They are saying we purged the form. We are attempting to fight it but it really comes down to the managers story against mine in whether or not I reported the potential job. We are trying to get a lawyer. We have written to a few senators and reps who are interested in helping but nothing solid yet. The apt complex cooperate office decided tonight- about 2 hours ago that we did in fact lie and we have until 12/31 to get out.

All I can say is I am broken. My heart aches. My body aches. I have been crying for 2 hours straight and I have no idea what we are going to do. I am scared to tell my parents, Shoot most of my friends don't even know. I am too humiliated to even tell them. We had our house foreclosed on a year and a half ago and now this. I can not take much more. I was about to start college. I had a real plan for myself for the first time in my life. I was going somewhere. Doing something for me for once. something I could be proud of and now I can't.

All of this because I accepted a job that was offered to me out of pity. That's it. It is a pity job. lol. My DD's preschool offered to hired me after I could not pay a $25 late fee and broke down crying in the office. I took the job to make our live better. To help us. I never dreamed it would make us homeless. If I had thought that I would not have taken it. The office never said anything when I told them. all I got was a hug and 'that's wonderful. See things are looking up' but now of course they are saying that conversation never took place. DH is still fighting it but I am ready to throw in the towel.

I just need to tell someone and I have no one to tell. I don't want anyone I know to know. How stupid and prideful is that?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• I know you do not want to hear it BUT, everthing happens for a reason. You mist not be where you are supposed to be. Havent you have neighbor issues etc? I think most these days have had to make adjustments or concessions to get by. I know you are depressed and that you don't want to do it but you have got to be proactive and start looking for a place. Perhaps there is a house with a back yard waiting, or a bigger apartment with nicer neighbors etc.

Good Luck
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Only in America does our social services programs try and keep you poor. I looked for some resources at work but couldn't find anything specific that would help you. You can pm me your city and I can take a look to see what services are located there or call 211. I know our Salvation Army has transitional housing for families. You could check to see if they have something like that in your area. What is the cost difference in what you are paying now for the apartments you are in vs. how much an apartment would cost in your area? 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• If your income is still below the mark, how are they kicking you out? That doesn't make any sense at all.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

•  photo asshole.jpg
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• hugs

hope that senator pulls some strings, or the lawyer your husband talks to

sounds like when you told rental person about the job, he/she did not take proper steps and record this. And something in writing may have helped, but hindsight now, and how were you to know their paperwork.

try to think of things in past that seems insurmountable at the time, and know you got those those times, you will get through this too.
    chin up
    and imagine things in 6 months when all this is over, imagine an even better life

again, hugs from me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• im sorry      hugs

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Doc I am truly sorry. Virtual hugs girl!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Perhaps having your employer notarize a letter stating the when's and how's of how you came about this job would help?
    They obviously have to have a record of when you interviewed and when you started there.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Okay Momma!

Are you supposed to start college in the spring semester (January)? If so then you can take out all of the student aid money they will give you and you can secure a new place to live. There should be enough for first, last and security deposit. While I would not recommend taking out student loans and spending them on stuff other then school, this is an emergency and only one time.

If you do it this way then you would only have to stay with your inlaws for a short amount of time and be back on your feet. It is not an ideal situation, but it could work out for you in the long run.

Big GIANT hugs for you. You will get through this.

big hug photo: hug Bighug.jpg
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Problem here is that if she has been found fraudulent by the government she may not qualify for school loans now. Regardless of intention here, this is the government she is dealing with.
    Anonymous