Would you date some one 4 years younger?

Ok I'm 22 almost 23( my bday is next yr) this guy wants to date me but he's only 19. Were friends and he's a good guy but I'm not sure about the age difference. What do you guys think about it when a younger man dates an older women?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• I say if you are into him and see a future for the 2 of you then who cares how old he is if it's legal ;)
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 10:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2014

• No. If you're 30 there's a difference. At 19 he's probably still wearing his high school class ring, and you're raising a family and have real responsibilities.
    Too young.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I'd say at 22 and 19 that this should be OK, especially if he has a job and is independent.

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I married a man five years younger. Not a big deal depending on maturity.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I was 22 and hubby was 19 when we got together...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Sure, but I'm 43. At your age, there's no way I would've considered it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Like the others said, 4 years is not that big of a difference when you're older, but at 19 & 23....HUGE difference. First of al, it's not even legal for him to drink yet.

I will say that as the mother of three sons, when my youngest was 18, he was dating a girl that was 22, and it really made me question her maturity that she would even want to go out with a guy that age. Keeping in mind that I do think he's gorgeous and brilliant....but he was still 18!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• The older you get the less difference it makes. You seem mature for your age so I bet you wouldn't fall for a childish/immature boy. This is a choice only you can make.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• At my age it doesn't matter. That kind of age difference would be like me dating... idk, like me dating Benedict Cumberbatch (haha I wish!). But in your early 20's it can be a huge difference.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• Yes
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2013