Gender Selection

I was wondering if anyone would share their story if they used gender selection as a means for family balancing. I am pregnant with my second boy and really want to have third child- a girl. We are talking about PGD or Microsort with artificial insemination.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think God gives you a "balanced" family, I wouldn't ever pick the sex but I hope it works out for you.
    Anonymous

• its a shame people are starting to pick babies like picking fruit at the grocery store. Does it matter will you not love your child if its not a girl?
    Anonymous

• I know with a IUI treatment that you can choose the sex its not 100 % but can give you good odds. Good Luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you really want a girl why don't you adopt one? There are lots of girls in foster care, and it's virtually free to adopt from the system.
    Anonymous

• Never...never... could I ever.... Although I wanted a girl... my reality is I have 3 awesome sons... one of which gave me a granddaughter! What more could I ask for than this blessing my GOD gave me!... of which I am thankful for!
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 8:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i know how you feel i have to sons already and this baby is possibly another boy they arent sure and wouldnt trade them for anything but i want a daughter and yes i think god gives you what you are supposed to have but i also look at it in the way that you have to do your part also god just isnt going to hand you everything you want on a silver platter. "Two men prayed for God to send the rain but only one man prepared his field to accept the rain from God" you have to do your part and prepare you field to accept what god has for you.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 8:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• WELL WE ARE TTC AND I HAVE TWO SONS AND WE WANT A GIRL, I BEEN READING ALOT ON HOW TO DO IT THERE ARE ALOT OF WEBSITES THAT CAN HELP, IN-GENDER.COM IS ONE AND GOOGLE THE SHETTLES METHOD. DONT PAY ATTENTION TO NEGATIVE COMMENTS! OF COURSE WE WOULD LOVE OUR BABIES NO MATTER WHAT SEX BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD DO NATURALLY TO SWAY THE OUTCOME THEN WHY NOT TRY!
    Anonymous

• I looked into it, I want to pick a girl as well and for only 20,000 we can. lol. Won't have another one til we have that amount...lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thanks for all your posts. I appreciate everyone's advice and all different opions. Yes, I do already love the baby I am pregannt with and will love him forever. I just can't help feeling that if I don't have a girl at some pint, I iwll spend my whole life chasing that dream. I think I am going to read the book : "Chasing the gender dream"...a true story!
    boys927

Answer by boys927 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2009