Have any of you given birth at 36 weeks? How was baby?

I'm 35 weeks and 6 days pregnant and just got back from L&D after 9 hours of monitoring. I went in because I hadn't felt baby move all day and I was having what I thought were "period like cramps" and they hooked me up to the monitor and I was having contractions every 4-5 minutes for the entire 9 hours I was there. I went from 1cm to 4cm while I was there and then it tapered off and I was sent home because they said that they would neither stop nor encourage labor at this point.

I am hoping baby will wait a week or two but I'm worried that won't be the case so I'd like to know what your experiences were with having a baby at 36 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I also had my "bloody show" when I was checked the first time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• At this point, your baby is fully developed and would have little if any problems if you gave birth tonight. If the dr's didn't stop labor, they must not be concerned and you shouldn't be either.

I gave birth to my 1st at 37 weeks and there were no issues. She was a bit smaller than my other 2, but still very healthy and is turning 18 soon.

Good luck and congrats!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• I went into labor naturally with both of my kids at 37 wks & they were both fine.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2013

• My sister had my nephew at 32 weeks and he is 8 now and just fine! Good luck!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• My now 8yo was born at 36weeks besides being 5lbs 15oz he was healthy.Good Luck :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I had my son at 34 weeks and he was perfectly fine. Although he was considered premature he only stayed a day in the hospital after i keft. Now hes about to be 2 in Feburary and hes Perfect^.^
    Ingrid1007

Answer by Ingrid1007 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• No, but most doctors will consider a 36 week to be full term. They might need a little monitoring at first, but should otherwise be just fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2013