Is Plantar Fasciitis a lifelong condition?

My heel's been bothering me for a few weeks. Do I have to hobble along for the rest of my life? I'm only 50! What can I do to treat it and/or make it go away completely?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 3:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Health

• No. Balance yourself in front of a table or the sink, and lift your toes gently off the floor 10 times twice a day. Do not allow your legs to move. Just lift your toes so that all your weight is on your heels.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• My foot doctor showed me some stretch exercise to do to help. He told me to, to wear shoes with a high arch.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• No it's not. If that is truly what you have then You need a really good orthotic (arch support) in ALL your shoes, wear only good stiff soled shoes, LOTS of stretching of your heal cord and plantar fascia, lower leg strengthening (the whole lower leg not just the back of your calf). Can also be treated with ultrasound, iontophorisis and manual therapy. You need to see an ortho and get into PT ASAP for best outcome. I've had it and I treat it.... Ignoring it will prolong your pain & suffering and make it harder to treat!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Nope- I dealt with it for awhile then it went away when I started losing weight
    hubby had it for awhile around the same time too- I don't think he deals with it now though

stretch it and try to sleep ith your foot flexed
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I have it from time to time. Google it and the word treatment. You'll see helpful advice.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Thanks, ladies, for taking the time to comment and for your insight. I'm considering all the angles for this issue.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I had insert made for my shoes & eventually after many months it went away mostly but not 100%.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:03 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• If you have plantar warts they will not go away on their own. You will have to go to a podiatrist to have them taken care of. I suggest sooner rather than later. They just continue to grow and spread.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• And I should have added that exercises/stretching was all I needed for relief. I didn't have to get different shoes or anything. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I had a plantar wart when I was in my 20's. I hadn't considered that. I need to make an appointment to get to the bottom of this. Thanks, ladies.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Nov. 15, 2013