Are there any companies that are known for working with mom schedules?

hours available to work are only school hours
9-2 m-f
and of course off the days school is out

seems most entry level, or holiday hours/retail are nights and weekends

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• work from home is fine
    but most seem to want you to buy 50 dollars a month worth of their product, then you sell to others (can not see this as money coming in, just 50 going out each month- do not care how wonderful the products are- can not see spending 50 a month on product)
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• working those hours-usually goes to people who have been working there longer...

I used to clean at night when our kids were young, but I had hubby to be home with them while I worked and I was home when he worked
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• i do not have a hubby
    and she is not able to go to regular daycare, she will have ABA (therapy for spectrum), but i have to be in the home when this is going on
    and on a long waiting list AGAIN for this service. have thought of placing her in a good regular daycare, but not fair to her.
    so hours are 9-2 m-f (could extend by 25-20 minutes if closer to school, more shaved off if longer commute)
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 7:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• check daycares maybe?
    I think I worked 7:30 -2:30, but you might be able to go later or whatever
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• have applied at daycares
    have gotten no where

have applied with ABA clinics, but the hours available are after school and weekends, this they can not fill- hence number one reason we are on a listing list for services
    ------------------------------------------------------
    you would think some major companies would promote fact that they are flexible with mom schedules- they would be flooded with qualified females looking for work. maybe those are far and few between
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• hey
    if anyone has late afternoon and weekend hours open and they are looking for work
    the ABA clinics (in this state at least) are starving for good people to work in homes with spectrum kids
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• School lunch lady?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• McDonalds used to be. With the labor force the way it is now, I do not know.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:57 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• How about working at a Preschool as Aide? That's my plan when my Daughter starts. You help run errands, take kids to the potty, help in class, help at lunch etc. Plus I'll get a discount on tuition!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Meant to say "as an Aide".
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2013