I'm getting pretty sick of people askig me "What do you do all day"

A little back story: I am a SAHM who goes to school online and has a 7yr old in school and a 1yr old at home. While my DH was deployed I moved in with my dad to save money for when DH gets out of the Army at the beginning of the yr. DH is home now but rather than move back to CO for 3 months I decided to stay here. I have 2 brothers that live here also

So both of my brothers have asked me this week what I do all day, but the tip of the iceberg was this morning when my 7yr old asked me if I just sit on the computer all day. I am just pissed that they have the audacity to say this to me as they sit there
1. in clothes they couldn't even bother to take to the laundry room much less wash, fold and put away themselves
2. they are eating food that they didn't even buy or prepare
3. on dishes NONE of them have ever washed or put away
4. sitting in a clean house that they have never cleaned other than to occasionally put toys away
5. petting a dog they do not feed/water or brush or vacuum up pounds of hair.
6. then go to bed in clean sheets that you know they had nothing to do with.

I DO sit on the computer a lot, I go to school online I kind of have to be on the computer, and Yes, there are days when I did all the cleaning the day before so today I get to be lazy. Why don't I get a day off? I know I don't do as much as a working mom, but why do I get so much shit for it? One brother has been unemployed for over a year, so good for you, you have been going to work for a hopping week and a half, you're so much better than me. And how is what the other brother and my 7yr old doing any more than me? They sit at a desk all day, occasionally on a computer learning, just like me. Only they don't have to do it with a 1yr old, and after 12:30 a 4yr old (nephew).

If you're still reading, sorry for the rant. How is your day so far?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You tell them you do what they pay other people to do for them all day
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I've been chewed out for wanting to stop a child for bullying my daughter, just because I said some things previously in the heat of the moment that I'd like to do to said child.

I'm hungry but NOTING sounds good to eat.

My 10 year old has a doctor's appointment right after school with another new doctor.

And this heartburn and hormones are kicking my ass today.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I would respond with a sarcastic 'I eat bonbons and watch my stories all day'. As for the kids. Let them start to do their own laundry if they don't already and let them wash the dishes, or vacuum / mop the floors. Or clean toilets. Let them do the things that you do during the day so that they understand that those things don't get done by themselves and that you are actually doing a lot while they are away from the house.

My day is okay so far. I got some Christmas shopping done for nieces and nephews. Still have some to do, but I was wanting to knock that out early so I can get those sent off before Thanksgiving.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• It's going okay. I finally had to take a 1/2 day of vacation just so I can get some things done. I work full time and go to school full time, yet my husband thinks that I should still have to do EVERYTHING that involves our house and our son. I had to make a 7:30 am doctor's appointment for my son yesterday. I then took him to school and the doctor's office then called my husband to let him know that the insurance card wasn't going through. He had to take an hour out of his off day to take care of it and was upset that I couldn't drop everything that I was doing to do it for him. Right now I am enjoying my lunch and then I will take my car to get the brakes changed, do my chemistry homework, and then clean the house.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I would have asked your unemployed brother what HE does all day!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I understand completely but I am confused why, if your hubby is now back home would you only be with him in CO for 3 months.
    Just being nosey and why are you waiting on your brothers.
    Your 7 year old is listening to your brothers btw.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• They are your brothers. They don't count! Do they have kids? They are clueless. If it bothers you then make a list daily and show them the list. Include pictures.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2013