This shocked me!

There are 19 States in the USA that still allow spanking in school! I read it on the Stir....I know, I know...I was bored. So, have your kids been spanked in school?

OMG, I think if my kids were spanked in school I would jump out of my skin & FREAK OUT!

I couldn't decide which category this was for so...

Not creating a debate really, just surprised.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I knew but I have not come across a school that does. It would not shock me if I came across a local school in my area that does. Given I live in a very conservative state. It seems like increasing personal liability as a professional, even if you can legally does not mean you should.
    Anonymous

• It's not like the school just decides to do it. Parental consent is given first. If someone decides to give the principal the right to spank their kid for acting up, that's between them and the school. I would be interested to see stats on bullying between the schools that still do it and those that don't. In those schools it's still parents and teachers working together, rather than parents blaming the teachers when the kids get bad grades.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Stay off the stir... it will rot your brain!!! LOL
    I would beat the every loving shit out of any adult that hits my kid at school, whether it's "allowed" or not!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• its allowed here, but most schools dont/wont do it...and the few that do have to have parent permission. how sad that some ppl will allow a stranger to hit their child.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I knew this already. No, my kids have no been spanked at school.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I knew this already too. Most of the time, the school has to have the parents permission and it is ONLY done by school administration.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• Yes we had spanking in our schools. My kids are grown. Even then if corporal punishment was going to be used the parents were called to come up to the school and witness or administer the spanking.
    The point being, if it is that bad you will explain to your boss why you have to leave work to attend to your unruly child.
    We had a judge sentence his parents (one or the other at all times) to attend school with their constantly misbehaving child.
    You put the hardship on the parents and they are finally going to do something about their delinquent.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• I had no idea!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• LOL. I was spanked every single day of my Third Grade year. No, my children were never spanked at school... I took care of that at home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2013

• We can sign a form that allows the principal only to spank kids! I did not sign it, LOL!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2013